Lilypie First Birthday tickers

May 03, 2011

26 Weeks

YIKES, I can't believe that we are a few days away from being out of the 2nd Trimester. Time is flying by. Over the weekend my counter showed that we were 100 days away from meeting our little girl. We can't wait although I have to admit that I'm also getting nervous, it's becoming so real that we are becoming parents very soon.

I have been feeling great but the tiredness and fatigue I felt in the 1st trimester is slowly starting to creep back :( and I'm still having major issues with my knees hurting at night. I read some message boards where other woman have the same problem with their knees from having to sleep on your side all night long. It's not fun and makes for a sleepless night and of course the constant potty breaks. I'm pooped.

The bump didn't have much update on this week so I took it from the info this week from the American Pregnancy Association although I did still use the phot from thebump.com. We are in our 6th month and baby girl is the size of an eggplant :)

How many weeks? 26

What changes are occurring with your body? The top of your uterus can now be felt about 2 ½ inches above your belly button. During the remainder of your pregnancy you will grow about a ½ inch per week. If you have been watching your weight throughout your pregnancy and have been sticking to a balanced diet, your weight gain should be between 16 and 22 pounds. *

How big is your baby? Your baby is approximately 13.38 inches long and weighs 2 pounds.*

What is happening with your baby? The development that is occurring at this stage may seem small and insignificant, but it is very important as your baby begins to prepare for his/her entry into the world. The nerves in the ears are developing and allowing your baby to respond more consistently to the sounds that he/she hears. Your baby is also continuing to swallow amniotic fluid which is causing his/her lungs to develop. If you are having a little boy, his testicles have begun their descent into his scrotum. *

Doctor Appts? None this week, we had an appt about 2 weeks ago and baby girl's heartbeat sounded great. I also had a bunch of blood work done and it all came back great. Doctor usually checks for anemia and gestetional diabetes at this point in the pregnancy. All my results came back normal and I'm well within normal range.

Weight Gain? 14lbs

Stretch Marks? NONE..yipee! and hoping it stays that way.

Belly Button In or Out? Still in and I'm thinking that it may stay that way. I do have a belly button ring though that will probably need to come out soon.

Maternity Clothes? Wearing mostly maternity bottoms with all my regular shirts and had been able to wear all my dresses but I'm thinking that's not going to last much longer, they are starting to feel a bit tight.

Sleep? Not going so well :( the combination of having to get up to pee a few times a night and the knee pain is making for some not so fun sleepless nights.

My favorite snack? Greek Yogurt and Strawberries

What I miss? A good nights sleep

Baby Preparations? A few weeks ago we asked Rocky's cousin to come to the house and help me clean out our garage and shed. We needed to make room in the shed for our day bed and a table we had in the breakfast nook. We also needed to put a bunch of stuff from the garage in there. We worked like little worker bee's and got it done in about 2 hours and managed to fit everything we needed in there and still have room for other things if we need it later on. I have ordered our crib, picked out the paint and crib bedding. We also found a new spot for Rocky's "office" and have completed that transition already. I will do a nursery/office post in the next few days.

This weekend I am also going to get a hopsital bag ready for us to have ready. It didn't really hit til I was at the doctor the other day that we need to be ready because this little girl can arrive anytime she'd like. We hope that she makes it til my due date but of course with little babies you never know what their plan is so we should always be prepared.

We have also signed up for our next few classes and our hospital tour and we are all registered at Babies R Us and Restoration Hardware Baby.

No comments: